Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Short Story of a Drunken Man

On a Friday night he drives his car to a bar. Yes.. he needs some drink to have fun and to forget whatever troubled his mind. He saw an empty stool with a pretty lady sitting next beside it. "Oh hi.. my name is Rennie, I wonder if this seat is taken?" he asked politely. "Oh, not at all...! please have a seat" she replies and smiles. Her name is Olivia, then they talk.. and drink and laugh.. It seems this guy Rennie is enjoying himself.. Olivia was a good listener and he began to get carried away with his mood.. he told her whatever brought him there as one glass after another he gulped, until he couldn't remember whatever he spoke.

The next day he woke up on his bed, still in the same clothes he wore last night. His head was really sore and heavy but he began to get panic when he couldn't remember how he got home. He look out the window and found his car is there parked on his carport. He look for his keys and wallet.. nothing is missing. He is glad and happy, "It must be Olivia who drove me home with my car last night, she must have searched my address on my ID card. I hope something did happen last night." he said in his mind and smiled. But he couldn't find a single note from her to tell him where he could reach her back. "Oh darn.. I forgot to ask her number.. maybe the bartender knew". He jumps to the shower and drive back to the bar with full of hope.

He is lucky, the man who stand behind the bar is the same bartender he saw last night. He approaches and smile.. "Hi, I just drop by.. Ummm... do you know the lady who was with me last night?" he asked. "Oh, you mean Olivia? yeah I do.. she's a regular here, is there's anything else?" asked the bartender. Rennie is happy, "Yeah, I want to thank her for last night for the great time we had and...". "Dude, I don't mean to be rude but you were so drunk last night, she wanted to say goodbye but there's nothing she could do to make you sober. So she pays everything and left with her fiancee."

"Fiancee?" suddenly he felt his heart stopped..and his face turns pale. "Renford? are you okay? you look pretty messed up dude, you might need some help" said the bartender. "Shut up.. please just leave me alone!" Got embarrassed and upset he stood up and went back in to his car. While driving on his way home, he couldn't stop thinking.. who drove him home last night. As his brain began to work better, he realized.. that his room is on the second floor and it was impossible for Olivia to carry him up there to his bed. And.. how does the bartender knew his written name? &%$$#@!#%$@!* WTF?!

Written by Reny Kanon

No comments:

Post a Comment